Inihaw na Liempo (Grilled Pork Belly)
Today is the birthday of the inventor of Banana Ketchup – Maria Orosa. In honor of her birthday, I am sharing a Filipino recipe using Banana Ketchup. Hope you make this one!
Inihaw na Liempo (Grilled Pork Belly)Course: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: FilipinoDifficulty: Easy
– This recipe turns out best if you marinate the pork belly overnight.
– Additionally, this can also be cooked in an air fryer
2 pounds pork belly, about 1/2 inch thick preferably
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup banana ketchup
1 lemon, juiced
4 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 Tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix all marinade ingredients together. Set aside about 1/4 cup in an air tight container and keep in the fridge until time to grill/air fry.
- Place the rest of the marinade into a resealable plastic bag or container with tight fitting lid, add in pork belly. Make sure all the meat is submerged in the marinade and marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight is best.
- The next day, heat up your grill (or air fryer) and cook meat on each side for about 3-4 minutes per side. When flipping, baste with marinade (the one you set aside day prior). Flip back and forth until pork belly is completely cooked – about 20 minutes total cook time.
- Slice and serve with finadene (combination of soy sauce, lemon juice, onions and pepper).