Butter Shoyu Tuna Spaghetti
Butter Shoyu Tuna SpaghettiCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
1 can tuna (yellowtail or albacore) in oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
½ cup mushrooms (i.e., cremini, shimeji, shiitake, etc.), cleaned and sliced/torn into bite-sized pieces
2 ounces of dry spaghetti noodles
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp soy sauce
Fresh cracked black pepper
Seasoned nori seaweed snacks, thinly sliced
- Cook Pasta: Bring a pot of water to boil and add salt. Boil the pasta for 2 minutes less than what the package directions say.
- In a separate frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant and starting to soften.
- Add in the mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms have browned. At this point, add more olive oil if needed.
- When the pasta is almost done and the mushrooms have browned, melt the butter into the mushrooms.
- Add the soy sauce and a scoop of the starchy pasta water. Mix this vigorously to emulsify the butter with the liquids.
- Add in the tuna, just enough to heat through.
- Transfer the pasta to the pan and toss to coat evenly with the sauce. Continue adding the pasta water as it gets absorbed until the pasta is cooked to your liking and is coated in a thin layer of the creamy sauce.
- Garnish with nori (seaweed) and serve immediately.