You can probably tell from scrolling thru my page or Instagram that I love love love pasta (really I love all noodles). Since I inherited a pasta roller machine (is that the official name of it? not sure.) a few months ago and wanted to try making new things I haven’t made before this month I decided to try making fresh pasta from scratch. It was surprisingly easy and delicious.
2 cups all purpose flour
3 eggs at room temperature
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Create a well in the flour and add eggs, oil, and salt.
- Whisk wet ingredients with a fork and slowly add in flour from the sides of the well.
- When the mixture becomes difficult to whisk with a fork, start to form a dough with your hands. Start kneading dough for 10 minutes.
- Knead dough into ball and wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- After dough has rested, roll out pasta using a pasta rolling machine or by hand. Cut and shape how you’d wish.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for about a minute.