Filipino Toyomansi Pork Chops
Toyomansi is a classic Filipino condiment made of soy sauce (toyo) and calamansi (mansi). This marinade is delicious and the chops can be cooked stove top, on the grill, in the oven, or in the air fryer.
Filipino Toyomansi Pork ChopsCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: FilipinoDifficulty: Easy
Toyomansi Pork Chops are Filipino-style pork marinated in soy sauce, calamansi juice, and garlic. I like using bone-in pork chops as they are more flavorful.
6 center loin cut, bone-in, ½-inch thick pork chops
½ cup toyomansi soy sauce
4 cloves of garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse the pork chops and pat dry. Season with pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, and black pepper.
- Add pork chops, massaging marinade onto meat. Cover with with plastic wrap (or transfer into a resealable bag). Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Stove-top: Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
Grill/Oven/Air Fryer: Pre-heat to 360°F.
- Drain pork chops well and pat dry, discarding marinade.
- Stove-top: Add to hot oil in a single layer and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until nicely seared. Turn to the other side and continue to cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until nicely seared and a thermometer in the center reads 145ºF. Remove from pan and let rest for about 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.
Grill/Oven/Air Fryer: Layer pork chops in a single layer, ensuring they are not touching. Cook pork chops for 8-12 minutes, flipping the pork chops over halfway though the cooking time, until they are golden brown and at least 145ºF in the center of the thickest part (use an instant-read meat thermometer to check internal temperature).
- Let rest for about 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.