Calamansi Chicken Wings
I love wings. Usually I love a traditional buffalo sauced wing or simple, crispy salt and pepper wing. I made this recipe for wings that are a little different – a little sweet, garlicky, and tart! This is good.
Calamansi Chicken WingsCourse: Appetizer, Main CourseCuisine: Filipino, AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Sweet, garlicky, somewhat tart chicken wings! Yum.
2 lbs chicken wings
2 Tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
Fresh cracked black pepper
- For the Glaze:
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 clove of garlic, grated
1/4 cup calamansi juice
1/8 cup honey
- Season chicken with patis and black pepper, cover and leave in the refrigerator to marinate for about 1 hour.
- After an hour, air fry chicken wings at 400°F for about 10 minutes, then flip and air fry on the other side for another 10 minutes. Total cook time is approximately 20 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking, in small pan or skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Grate in garlic and let cook until fragrant then add in the calamansi juice and honey. Reduce glaze until thick.
- Once wings are cooked, remove from the air fryer and put into a large bowl. Add glaze and toss the wings. Serve and enjoy.
- If you cannot find fresh or bottled calamansi, you can use a combination of lemon, lime, orange or tangerine juice.