Combined a favorite Filipino food with a favorite American food. Everyone should make this!
Bibingka CornbreadCourse: food, filipino food, sidesCuisine: Filipino AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 cup rice flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 can coconut milk
1 can cream style corn
Melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (160°C). Grease the bottom and sides of an 8X8 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together rice flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar and melted butter; continue whisking until foamy.
- Add dry ingredients and coconut milk to the egg mixture; mix until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. Add the creamed corn and mix.
- Pour batter mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until browned (a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Remove from oven, brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Return pan to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Let cool before cutting into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!